- Vocational Modern Secure Application Development Career Pathway Program
- Focused on Connected Devices (IoT) and Security job skills in NICE Cybersecurity Workforce Framework (NCWF) SECURELY PROVISION, OPERATE & MAINTAIN, AND ANALYZE areas
- Modern = Continuous Development & Continuous Integration
- Program Level: Beginner to Intermediate Level
Program Length: 400 hours
Certifications: Four vouchers are made available for learners towards certifications listed below.
- Azure Administrator Associate (Recommended)
- Azure IoT (Recommended)
- Azure DevOps (Pathway)
- Solutions Architect Associate (Recommended)
- SysOps Associate (Pathway)
- Associate Cloud Engineer (Recommended)
- Cloud DevOps Engineer
- Cloud Security Engineer
- Linux+ (Recommended)
- DevOps and IT professionals with Development, Security and/or Operations skills
- IT Security Professionals looking to transform their skills and remove gatekeeper processes
- DevOps professionals seeking to understand security
- IT Professionals seeking to understand the cultural differences of DevOps and Building Security into workloads
Secure Infrastructure (160 hours)
- Cloud Technology Essentials (80 hours): Linux administration, key command line concepts, enterprise level tools.
- Cloud Architecture & Administration (80 hours): Manage Azure identities and governance, Implement and manage storage, Deploy and manage compute resources, Configure and manage virtual networking, Monitor and back up resources
Secure DevOps (120 hours)
- Continuous Integration & Dependency Management (40 hours): Designing a DevOps Strategy: Planning for DevOps, Getting Started with Source Control, Managing Technical Debt, Implementing DevOps Development Processes: Working with Git for Enterprise DevOps, Configuring Pipelines, Implementing Continuous Integration: Implementing Continuous Integration using Pipelines, Managing Application Configuration & Secrets, Implementing Continuous Integration with GitHub Actions, Implementing Dependency Management: Designing and Implementing a Dependency Management Strategy, Designing a Release Strategy
- Continuous Delivery (40 hours): Implementing Continuous Delivery: Implementing Continuous Deployment using Pipelines, Implementing an Appropriate Deployment Pattern, Implementing Application Infrastructure, Managing Infrastructure and Configuration, Third Party Infrastructure as Code Tools, Managing Containers using Docker, Creating and Managing Kubernetes Service Infrastructure, Implementing Continuous Feedback, Implementing Feedback for Development Teams, Implementing System Feedback Mechanisms, Implementing Security: Implementing Security in DevOps Projects, Validating Code Bases for Compliance
- Python Fundamentals (40 hours): Python programming Intro, Code control statements, Functions & Modules, Lists & Tuples, File I/O; Working with numbers, strings, dates & times, dictionaries & databases.
Secure IoT (120 hours)
- Device Provisioning, Insights & Integration (40 hours): Introduction to IoT and IoT Services, Devices and Device Communication, Device Provisioning at Scale, Message Processing and Analytics, Insights and Business Integration
- Device Management & Solution Testing (40 hours): IoT Edge Deployment Process, IoT Edge Modules and Containers, Device Management, Solution Testing, Diagnostics, and Logging, IoT Security Considerations, Build an IoT Solution
- Capstone Project (40 hours): Integrate Cloud Infrastructure, IoT and DevOps skills through an IoT Device and Application deployment with a project focusing using real world gear provided with the module. The student will be evaluated on their communication of the end-to-end approach through an oral presentation.